Who is Ala-WIN...The Alabama Work Incentives Network (Ala-WIN) helps Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) beneficiaries, between the ages of 14 and full retirement age, understand their work options so that they may make more informed choices regarding employment.
Ala-WIN is administered by Disability Rights and Resources (formerly Independent Living Resources of Greater Birmingham) and serves 38 central and northern Alabama Counties. The Alabama Department of Rehabilitation Services also operates a work incentives program serving 29 counties in the southern part of the state.
These agencies assist Social Security beneficiaries understand federal and state work incentives. Staff are available on an ongoing basis to assist beneficiaries understand the impact of earned income on Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and other public benefits.
As a part of the ALA-WIN program, recipients also receive information about the availability of protection and advocacy services.
- Do you receive SSI or SSDI?
- Do you want to work?
- Are you unsure of how working will effect your benefits?
- Are you confused about all the rules and regulations?
- Are you frustrated because you can't get answers to your questions?
- Are you afraid of telling Social Security that you want to work?
You will be referred to a Community Work Incentives Coordinator who will:
- Help you plan how to use work incentives or other benefits to continue working, or for a successful return to work;
- Answer your questions about how work would effect your health insurance, individual disability benefits and other benefits you may receive from Federal, State and local programs;
- Discuss your individual employment goals and resources and services you might need to to reach those goals;
- When appropriate, refer you to Vocational Rehabilitation and other Employment Networks.
Call using Voice or TDD 888-803-0118
or Email firstname.lastname@example.org